Saturday, January 2, 2016

Christmas

Christmas was a lot of fun this year! We spent Christmas Eve with Andrew's siblings that live in Utah for the first time. It was at the Bedell's house. We had a delicious dinner, a fun talent show and a nativity reinactment. We spent Christmas morning with just our little family at our own house. We loved it.  Around noon we went to the Hughes house to exchange gifts with everyone there.  That afternoon, Ivy went down for a nap, Andrew watched a movie with my Dad, my Mom and Jenna hung up the new pictures we gave my parents for Christmas, and Tanner and I took  a 2 hour, cuddly nap. He slept in my arms the whole time. He has been taking really short, 25 minute naps lately, so this was extra special. It was a wonderful Christmas present to take such a long, snuggly nap with him. Tanner, while still very sweet and pleasant, has become a little more high maintenance in his current phase of babyhood. He wants to be held pretty much constantly, so we didn't get presents wrapped until like 2 nights before Christmas. Ha ha. I was a little nervous they wouldn't get wrapped on time. But they did. And I enjoyed snuggling my baby and watching Christmas movies throughout the season. I felt like we were kind of homebodies this season because of all the snow but we did go see the trees at Draper park, a ward Christmas party, an annual neighborhood get together by fire pits, Andrew went to temple square with the young men, I went to a sweater party, we went to a stake music fireside, and we did some fun festive stuff at home.  So I guess we did do a lot.  It was a fun, cozy, happy Christmas.
It was extra special for me to have such a young baby boy at Christmas time.  I felt extra strong feelings of love and admiration for Mary, Joseph, and little baby Jesus.  Andrew did a great job repeating the story of the nativity to the girls throughout the season using our large nativity set given to us by his parents. Well before the end of the season, the girls could name each key character. It was sweet and special.
Baby's 1st Christmas!     

December Sundays in past and present Christmas dressesChristmas morning family pic selfie!                          Ivy wearing her giftsReinacting the nativity with cousins.                  He just looked so cute on the way to Orem I had to take a pic  Decorating the tree, pic with Santa at ward party, our tree, Draper park lights with Daddy

No comments: