Sunday, March 14, 2010

I love her name

For some reason, I have been thinking about Jenna's name a lot lately. When I was pregnant, I kind of stressed about names because I wanted to give our baby a name that I would love calling her and that would totally fit. And not something that would wear off on me. When we saw Jenna and named her Jenna Hope it felt right. And when I think about her name now, I still LOVE it. It really does fit so well and just hearing, saying or thinking about it makes me so happy. We chose the name Jenna because every Jenna I have ever met was always so nice and so cute. So those are the attributes I associated the name with. I still remember a girl I knew in 3rd grade named Jenna. I had never heard that name before and I thought it was really pretty, and I thought she was pretty and really nice. I kind of decided then that I was going to name one of my daughter's Jenna. :)

We gave her the middle name of Hope because I have always really liked the virtue of Hope, and its definition. We had also been exercising a lot of Hope during my pregnancy with many life changing decisions. The Lord guided us to move to Utah in June with no job, and a baby on the way. And we did it. And everything has worked out beautifully. We also exercised a lot of Hope that we would find a house to provide for Jenna and keep her warm and safe. That came true also. And we Hoped that the pregnancy, labor, and delivery would go naturally and well and that Jenna would be happy, healthy and strong. We received everything we Hoped for and more. Jenna is way better than we could have ever Hoped for. She is amazing! We felt that the name Jenna Hope fit perfectly, and it does. We think she will be an example of Hope, expecting good things to happen throughout her life, and will receive those blessings she Hopes from the Lord. It feels really good to have given her a name that means so much. I am very happy with our decision. I hope we can give the rest of our kids such meaningful names too. :)
We love our little Jenna Hope Hansen.

No comments: