Monday, January 11, 2010

Jenna's 8 Week Stats


Height and Weight: 50th percentile
Head Circumference: 38th percentile

For those of you that have been asking about her stats. Here they are. :) We love our little angel so much. She has been such a trooper. We have had such a hard time with feeding her. First we had to start supplementing formula becuase she was losing weight. Then we had to switch from milk based formula to soy, than back to milk, then back to soy, because of gastro intestinal issues. Then I ran out of my milk and had to go completely to formula. Then we switched from Similac to a store brand because the Doctor and loved ones had good experiences that way and advised us too. And now she has super large, and hard stools that she goes through so much pain to pass. My poor little girl has been such a trooper. We are going to switch her back to Similac and hopefully her poor little system will finally regulate. Maybe I can get my milk back, I don't know. Has anyone had issues with this. Do you know of any natural supplements or anything that might help? Oh, I hope we can get her feeling all better soon.

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

Poor baby! I hope it all works out OK! Jazmin had a lot of problems too and couldn't breastfeed or anything. She was raised on similac. It worked really well for her. She really couldn't have anything else. Her tummy was sooo sensitive, but similac worked miracles for her!

Aubrielle said...

I'm so sorry about all that! I had quite a lot of problems nursing Larz. He was more than 1/2 supplemented with formula for the first 4 months. I wasn't able to produce enough for him till he was 5 months, and that only lasted a month. I always used Similac Advance (the blue one), but he never had problems with it. He has always been pretty constipated, so we started him on apple juice at about 2 1/2-3 months. I got pregnant again at 6 months, so my milk dried up anyway. I've heard that if you pump right after nursing, it is supposed to send a signal to your body to produce more. Stress affects milk supply as does how much fluid you take in. That's about all I know, so I hope it helps! Good luck!