Monday, June 23, 2008

Our Trip!!!!




As many of you know, Andrew and I went to the Boundary Waters last week. We just got back last night. It was a blast!!!! We had a lot of mishaps i.e. the camera fell in the water and is now broken, we lost the knife in the lake and Andrew had to clean the fish with a dull axe, we ran out of yummy food, and then ran out of food altogether, and we each have about 150-200 mosquito bites, no exaggeration. But it was so worth it! We had so much fun! The Boundary Waters are beautiful! It was such an awesome experience to just bask in the Lord's incredible creations. The whole trip was very physically demanding with all of the rowing in the canoe, and the portaging (getting out of the canoe and carrying everything while hiking to another part of the lake to avoid the rapids). But it was a very nice break for the mind and the soul. :) We loved it and definitely want to go again. Next time we'll do a few things differently now that we have been there once before. :) So so so so so so fun! We totally recommend it, but be prepared! Since our camera broke, we do not have any of our own pictures, but I searched and found pictures on the internet that are very similar to what we caught, saw and did! :) ( By the way, the fish in order from top to bottom are Northern Pike, Small Mouth Bass, ans Walleye).

8 comments:

Vindie said...

Wow Kim! Sounds like you guys are quite the hikers! That's great! I'm glad you guys had a good time!

Kevin and Emily said...

WOW- The Boundary Waters sound like such a beautiful place. Glad you had a good experience and can laugh about some of the mishaps along the way! I am sure trip #2 will go much more smoothly. The pictures you found are gorgeous. Glad you guys are home safe and sound.

Shelly said...

I am so glad you found my blog...I will add you to mine. I hope your life is going well. Where do you live? In orem?

-Special Mothertivity- said...

You are so sweet to think I'm cute pregnant. My face is filling out, my whole body for that matter, and its hard to feel cute.
I am glad you have fun! I don't see how half of what you wrote about would be fun to me, especially the running out of food, mosquito bites, and broken camera. You are a very positive person! :) Do go again. You will know what to do to make your next trip even better!

anoyce said...

Oh man, it looks like a gorgeous trip! Too bad about all the mishaps, but I bet it makes the trip all the more memorable!

crawford said...

sweet campsite man!

Blacks said...

You are so adventurous- I love it! You need to get a pug named Moose to join you next time and he can do the hunting for you.

OhShauna said...

Laugh, that it all I can say. The Boundary Waters sound beautiful, and next time you will have more than enough food! :-)