Monday, April 6, 2015

My Favorite Thing

My favorite thing in the whole world is feeling trusted and loved by my children.  The other day, Ivy was in her car-seat, rear facing, and I was in the driver's seat.  It had snowed quite a bit the week before so Andrew and I thought it would be wise to get the car washed, since it had so much salt on it from the city trying to melt the snow on the roads.  Ivy had never been in the car during a car wash that she would remember.  During the beginning on the car wash, I told her the car was getting a bath, and made it sound really fun.  She was amused and seemed to be really enjoying it.  But after a couple of minutes, a new phase of the car wash began, and it was loud.  It got kind of dark in the car as well because of the machine's rags and soap covering the car.  Ivy let out a frightened cry.  I reached my hand back to her and I said "it's ok, Mommy's here, it's ok.  She grabbed my hand and immediately stopped crying.  I was struck by how quickly and easily she was comforted.  Just by hearing my voice and touching my hand.  It made me feel so special.  What an incredible gift I am blessed to have to be a Mommy, and to be so trusted.  I love my children, and I love my very special role in their lives. :)


1 comment:

katie said...

what a sweet moment. you're a great mommy.