Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Arghh!



Last year, we received an infestation of these asian beetle things that look like lady bugs. Andrew tried to shoo them out with a broom. But many of them stayed, and over time, they have died, fallen off the ceiling and onto the floor. I find several of them all the time. It's disgusting and very frustrating. Sometimes I even find a couple in my bed. Gross! Oh, there are also a bunch herded together in the window sill. It freaks me out and bothers me tremendously. I sweep them up often. Saturday, I got so disgusted and frustrated that I said a bad word. I am ashamed. The end.

Additional Insight from Andrew:
There were probably thousands of these lady bugs, or asian beetles, or whatever they are. The picture Kim posted is after I knocked down a ton of these bugs, but if you look close, you can still see that there are piles of bugs left surrounding the light. I couldn't knock the swarms down fast enough.

7 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

I am so sorry! Those beetles are so awful! When my niece got married in Navoo we stayed in a house that had the same problem. It was aweful. Another one of my nieces, who was 1 year old at the time had one fly into her mouth and we couldn't figure out what was wrong with her for a while until she was finally able to spit it out. It took her a few years to not be afriad of Lady Bugs.
Have you tired insect killer? good luck

Emily Maria said...

Hehehe. Kim said a bad word...

Jenni D said...

That stinks that you have buggies all over your apartment! I have an ant problem in my apt. The weird thing is that they come in through a corner in my kitchen and then just die. It's nice that they just die but it sucks that they come in in the first place. Especially because I forget they come in and I step on them... with bare feet. So gross! Anyway, I hope you find something that works to get rid of the beetles.

I also think it's funny that you said a bad word and admitted it on your blog. ; ) You are so cute!

Kevin and Emily said...

Yuck! That would make me so mad. I am sorry guys! I would want to say a bad word to Kim.(=

Kevin and Emily said...

I meant that to say "too, Kim" not "to Kim". I would NEVER want to a bad word to my perfect sister in law Kim! (=

The Millers said...

We vacuum them up with the little canister vac. It makes a funny smell, but it's better than bugs everywhere! You're welcome to borrow it anytime :-) And yes, they're at our house too...so hopefully they won't gross you out too much when you're here!

Casey said...

Thank you for using one of my backgrounds! You're so sweet. :)